Friday, September 19, 2008

Studying

Hello Everyone! Hope all is well on your side of the fence. Things are going pretty good with me. Mom is doing pretty well, although she's stayed home from school a couple times this week because of her headaches, so I've been busy keeping her company. I have been studying hard for my upcoming test on Sunday. It was supposed to be last Saterday but it was cancelled due to the torrential downpour at the time. We even drove all the way to Lansing just to turn around! Oh well. I have already passed this test, but this time it will be a little different. It is called the Canine Good Citizen test, which I passed last winter, but now if I passed I'll be able to be an official therapy dog. I have to pass so that I can start visiting Crittenton Hospital again and possibly other places as well. I am really good at making people feel better so I know this will be a good job for me. Hopefully I pass! I have also been working really hard to learn some service dog tasks so I can help me grandma. Right now I am learning how to retrieve things. I am getting really good at it! I can already give my leash back to my mom when she drops it, pick up pens and pencils, clothes, coins, anything, really. Mom says she'll even teach me to help out with the laundry! I don't know what that means, but it sounds pretty special! I am making quick progress and will soon progress to picking up paper. I have to learn not to tear it, which is difficult when you have teeth! Well, I'll bark to you all later.Enjoy all the pictures!
Quincy

I have the BEST smile!


Something must have been interesting...
Sometimes I'm serious, too... Not very often, though :)

Yeah, tummy time!
This is me, wishing I could go in the water :)




3 comments:

Leah said...

Kayla, how did you teach him to retrieve things? That's pretty nifty.

Madison said...

That's pretty cool! good job you sound like you're lining a pretty good COC life!

Sarah and Shadow said...

Ok, so are you getting certified through AKC? Do you ever get to go to school with ur mom?

Oh and can I link to you?

Shadow