Saturday, May 19, 2007

More Days of Working Vacation

Life's been pretty busy lately. I haven't been home in almost two weeks! I got to see my mom on Thursday, though. Let me fill you in on her situation. She had a surgery a couple of weeks ago to remove something called the submandibular salivary gland because they thought there was a stone in it. It turned out it was actually a cancerous tumor. She has had a bunch of testing at the hospital in the last week so my working vacation was extended an extra week.
I left Auntie Gail's yesterday. She was a really cool lady and took good care of me while I was away. I went to tons of places with her. That is very good, since I need lots of great socialization skills for when I am a big dog helping someone. We went to post offices, restaurants, garage sales, puppy class... This list goes on.
I spent a small amount of time with a man named Dave Beamer. He is kind of like my grandpa. He used to be my mom's neighbor but he has since moved to Warren. My mom raised her first three PAWS dogs with him and half of the fourth before he moved in full time with her. Because Dave has 3 big golden retrievers and I don't have all of my shots yet, I couldn't stay the night there. I did go to downtown Royal Oak and walked around with hima nd just spent some time. He is a very nice man.
I then went to Auntie Chris and Uncle Gordan's whom I had heard a lot about from my mom. They have a black lab named Flicka who used to be a mama dog for PAWS. She is now a hunter and does retrieving trials and things like that. She also does competitive obediance and rally. She looks a lot like my dog mom, Bella. Auntie Chris and Uncle Gordan are super nice. I have already had a ton of fun playing with all of Flicka's toys and with Flicka and the neighbors bischon, Maize. I am only 9 weeks old and I am the same size as her! I am going to get to go with Flicka a few times to watch her hunt. Should be a ton of fun. I get to go back to mom on Tuesday. I also have therapy dogs and Jr. Elks on Tuesday, so I should sleep very well that night. Should make mom happy! I'll talk to you all later. Sorry for the shortage of pictures lately. haven't been around to get any taken. I'll post more once I am home.
PAWS Up!
Quincy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Quincy, sounds like you are having an adventurous two weeks!! But I can't imagine having to be gone that long without your mom. I bet she misses you alot!! I hope we can get together and play soon!

Love,

Pally